- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree
November 7 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$40
Project Learning Tree: Outdoor STEM Learning for Schoolyard or Home for Grades K-5
Join educators, Kate Sorensen and Pauline O’Rourke from the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society in an online workshop designed to help K-5 educators increase their knowledge, skills and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities for students in their schoolyard or at home using the Project Learning Tree: PK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide. The workshop will be a blended experience including an online Zoom element and self-paced learning. In order to receive the 5 STEM clock hours, you will need to participate in the 3 hour Zoom session and do the pre-workshop activities (est. time: 2 hours).
- Receive hands-on experience with Project Learning Trees activities and lessons
- Identify activities that align with their grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces on the schoolyard or at home for locally-relevant learning
Participants will receive:
- Project Learning Tree: Pre K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide (available before the workshop) $25 value
- 5 Washington State approved STEM clock hours