- This event has passed.
Workshop: Puyallup, WA
October 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations (K-3)
#fieldbasedlearning #realworldscience #environmentalscience
Join PEI for a six-hour introduction to FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for K-3 educators. FieldSTEM is an integrated framework that facilitates career-connected, locally-relevant, field-based learning. In this primer, participants will learn how simple field investigations can be incorporated into current science units to provide students with contextually-relevant science skills and practices.
- Experience a field investigation that utilizes NGSS standards
- Learn about the NGSS science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice
- Receive mentored time to work on field investigation development and planning time with already creates schoolyard investigations
Participants will receive:
- Access to schoolyard field investigations for their grade level
- 6 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
- An opportunity to earn a $150 implementation stipend
Interested? Register here!