- This event has passed.
East Sound: FieldSTEM Notebooking
December 1 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$60.00
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED!
Are you interested in learning about FieldSTEM Notebooking?
Do you want to know how to use this tool to help increase student success and engagement across content areas?
In part one of our FieldSTEM professional development series designed for K-12, join PEI FieldSTEM Coordinator, Lori Reynolds, to learn about this tool for the integration of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Learn about setting up a FieldSTEM Notebook, entry types, outdoor observations, using them as formative and summative assessment tool, and tips to get started
- Be immersed in using a science notebook to integrate and enhance science, ELA, and math skills
- Have ample time to connect FieldSTEM Notebooking and current instruction
- Receive a copy of PEI’s guide Fostering Outdoor Observation Skills
FieldSTEM Series Workshops at Chief Leschi School:
- Designing FieldSTEM Field Investigations: January 26, 2019
- FieldSTEM ELA Performance Tasks: February 9, 2019