- This event has passed.
ELA Performance Task
December 1 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 4:00 pm, repeating until December 2, 2020
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, repeating until December 9, 2020
FieldSTEM: ELA Performance Task Writing Workshop
(workshop FULL-waitlist available)
Are you looking for a new way to introduce a science unit?
Do you have a field experience that needs a solid pre– or post-lesson?
Do you have a need for a performance task that hasn’t been written yet?
Join us for a 4-day online workshop that will support formal K-12 educators* in creating real-world, compelling connections to science for students. We will create performance tasks as instructional tools that integrate science and English Language Arts. The focus will be to explicitly practice the research and writing standards that are part of the ELA Common Core expectations.
- Focus on research methodologies, finding reputable sources, and best-practices
- Link performance task content to regional environmental, agricultural, and natural resource sectors
- Develop and write their own performance task with guidance from PEI staff and peers
- Attend 4 two-hour Zoom sessions and complete two hours of asynchronous work
Participants who attend all sessions and complete all work will receive:
- A $150 participation stipend
- 10 Washington State Approved clock hours
*You must be a formal educator of grades K-12 to attend this workshop.