- This event has passed.
FieldSTEM: Schoolyard Investigations
December 2, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
FieldSTEM: Schoolyard Investigations for Grades 2-3
Attention all Formal 2nd and 3rd Grade Educators!
Join Pacific Education Institute’s Lourdes Flores and Hattie Osborne for this three hour online Zoom workshop introducing FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for 2nd and 3rd grade educators. FieldSTEM is an integrated framework that facilitates career-connected, locally-relevant, field-based learning. In this primer, participants will learn how simple field investigations can be incorporated into current science units to provide students with contextually-relevant science skills and practices.
- Experience FieldSTEM student management strategies
- Learn about the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice
- Receive mentored time to work on field investigation development and planning time with already created schoolyard investigations
Participants who attend will receive:
- Access to a schoolyard field investigation for their grade level
- 3 Washington state approved STEM clock hours
- $50 Implementation Stipend
This workshop is open to formal educators of 2nd and 3rd grade in Washington state public schools.