- This event has passed.
FieldSTEM: Schoolyard Investigations
October 5 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Remote FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Investigations for Kinder and 1st
(Workshop FULL-Waitlist available)
Join Pacific Education Institute’s Tressa Arbow and Hattie Osborne for this three hour online Zoom workshop introducing Remote FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for Kindergarten and first grade educators. FieldSTEM is an integrated framework that facilitates career-connected, locally-relevant, field-based learning. In this primer, participants will learn how simple field investigations can be incorporated into current science units to provide students with contextually-relevant science skills and practices. We will also be providing support for adapting FieldSTEM resources to the distance learning context.
- Experience FieldSTEM student management strategies
- Learn about the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice
- Receive mentored time to work on field investigation development and planning time with already created schoolyard investigations
Participants who attend will receive:
- Access to a schoolyard field investigation for their grade level
- 3 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
- A $75 participation stipend