- This event has passed.
March 30, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on April 20, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Journaling the Fire Environment
(private event for Methow Valley School District only)
Attention Organizational & Formal Educators for children K-12 in and near the Methow Valley!
Join Fire-Adapted Methow Valley and their partners for a two-session professional learning opportunity, Journaling the Fire Environment. In this workshop, participants will gain an understanding of the elements and phenomena that influence fire behavior and how to observe, record, and interpret that information. These skills will serve to empower educators and students alike, building resilience to past wildfire trauma and a greater sense of self-efficacy in this era of wildfires.
This will be a blended learning experience:
- teachers and educators from the Methow Valley will meet in-person*
- teachers, educators and presenters from outside the region will join the group via Zoom (details will be sent out via email from the workshop facilitator prior to the workshop)
Most of the workshop will occur indoors*, but there will be a significant outdoor portion during our second session.
Participants who attend both sessions will receive:
- a packet of materials relating to the topics covered
- nature journaling supplies (in person) or a supply list (Zoom participants)
- 5 Washington State approved STEM clock hours