- This event has passed.
Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences
June 30, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until July 2, 2020
Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences & School Estuary Kit Teacher Workshop
Teachers will engage their students in learning about their local watershed, the Puget Sound ecosystem and the human impacts on the Puget Sound by utilizing local resources from the Puget Sound Estuarium.
- Learn about the Nisqually watershed and the Puget Sound ecosystem
- Learn strategies and ideas for place based learning through MWEES and FieldSTEM strategies
- Experience activities that can be taught through a distance learning environment
- Plan for using MWEEs within their context ie summer camps (Estuarium staff, TOGETHER!, contract educators) or during the regular school year (classroom teachers)
- Experience several lessons related to the Puget Sound that utilizes NGSS standards
- Learn about the Science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice through water quality testing
- Learn about careers related to the Puget Sound and watershed health