- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree
August 17, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 3:30 pm, repeating until August 18, 2020
Project Learning Tree: Outdoor STEM Learning for Schoolyard or Home for Grades K-5
Join FieldSTEM Coordinators Molly Griffiths and Hattie Osborne from Pacific Education Institute in an online workshop designed to help K-5 educators increase their knowledge, skills and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities for students in their schoolyard or at home using the Project Learning Tree: PK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide. The workshop will be a blended experience including an online Zoom element and self-paced learning. In order to receive the 5 STEM clock hours, you will need to participate in both Zoom sessions and do the pre-workshop guide overview activity (est. time: 1 hour).
- Receive hands-on experience with Project Learning Trees activities and lessons
- Identify activities that align with their grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces on the schoolyard or at home for locally-relevant learning
Participants will receive:
- Project Learning Tree: Pre K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide (will arrive before the workshop)
- 5 Washington State approved STEM clock hours