- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree
January 6 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 4:00 pm, repeating until January 7, 2021
Project Learning Tree: Outdoor STEM Learning in the Schoolyard and Virtually for Grades K-8
(workshop FULL-waitlist available)
Join FieldSTEM Coordinators Tressa Arbow and Molly Griffiths from Pacific Education Institute in an online workshop designed to help K-8 educators increase their knowledge, skills, and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities outdoors, including at home in a virtual learning setting. The workshop will be based off the Project Learning Tree: PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide.*
This is a blended workshop, including Zoom sessions and self-paced learning:
- Asynchronous: prior to first day of workshop (approx. 1 hour)
- Synchronous: Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 4 PM to 6 PM (2 hours)
- Synchronous: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 4 PM to 6 PM (2 hours)
Participants who complete all asynchronous work and participate in both synchronous sessions will receive 5 STEM clock hours.
- Receive hands-on experience with Project Learning Trees activities and lessons
- Identify activities that align with their grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces in the schoolyard or at home for locally-relevant learning
*The Project Learning Tree: PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide is included in the cost of the workshop and will be mailed to you prior to the workshop.
Registration will close on December 28, 2020, and no refunds will be issued after that date.