- This event has passed.
SOLS: Food Waste
October 8, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center, Puyallup, WA
Saturday, October 8, 2022, 9 AM to 3:30 PM
Attention K-12 dual language (Spanish) classroom teachers in the PSESD Region!
Join Pacific Education Institute (PEI) and our ClimeTime partners for a deep dive into Food Waste, focusing on the Puget Sound region. Participants will learn about the Food Waste Solutions Oriented Learning Storyline, designed around six guiding principles: Indigenous perspectives, local anchoring phenomena, culturally responsive practices, NGSS three-dimensional student growth measures, a solutions-oriented approach to drawing down greenhouse gases, and opportunities to elevate student voices in their communities.
This in-person opportunity is for K-12 dual language (Spanish) classroom teachers in the Puget Sound ESD (ESD 121) region and will be held at the WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center.
Participants who attend the entire session will receive:
- 6 Washington State approved STEM Clock Hours
- A $100 participation stipend
- The opportunity to earn a $200 implementation stipend
- 6 horas aprobadas de STEM Clock Hours de Washington State
- $100 como viático de participación
- La oportunidad de ganar un viático de implementación por $200