- This event has passed.
February 15, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until March 1, 2022
Introducing Pacific Education Institute’s Sustainability Units
Join PEI to learn about our exciting new Middle and High School Sustainability Units! These interdisciplinary units help students think critically about climate science topics, analyze sustainability through the lens of media literacy, and communicate science-based solutions to their communities. These units could be taught together as a semester-long course, or they could be used individually to supplement existing courses. Materials are aligned to NGSS, CCSS, and ESE standards.
This workshop will prepare educators to successfully implement the units and will include:
- Strategies to moderate productive student discussion
- Guidance for supporting student research projects
- Tools for capturing students’ critical thinking and growth, including notebook templates
Teachers who attend all sessions and complete asynchronous tasks will receive:
- A $50 participation stipend
- 8 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
Attendees will also learn about an opportunity to earn $150 implementation stipend.