- This event has passed.
June 15 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
One event on June 16, 2022 at 8:30 am
One event on August 25, 2022 at 8:30 am
Introduction to Project Based Learning for Wahkiakum School District
(private event for Wahkiakum School District)
This foundational workshop is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to design, assess and manage rigorous, relevant, standards-based project-based learning (PBL) units. The 2.5-day intensive workshop is a balance of direct instruction, hands-on work, resource sharing and peer collaboration and review. Participants are actively engaged in project design, with the expectation that every teacher or teaching team will develop or adapt a project plan that is ready to implement in the 2022/23 school year. The institute will have a focus on place-based STEM PBL, but teachers of all content areas are encouraged to attend.
- Understand the PBL framework for project design.
- Create a standards-based project design, including 21st century competencies, career-related learning, and a publicly presentable student product focused around a driving question.
- Incorporate instructional best practices along with formative and summative assessment into project designs and project plans.
- Understand project management tools and plan for integration into managing a PBL in the classroom.
Participants who attend all three sessions will receive:
- 15 Washington state approved STEM clock hours
- a $250 stipend for attending on June 16 (from district)