- This event has passed.
Winter Field Investigations at Chewelah Peak
January 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Celebrate the season and explore winter Field Investigations with PEI at Chewelah Peak.
That’s right! We are going out in the snow to explore STEM during the Pacific Northwest’s greatest season – winter. But don’t worry, we’ll keep you warm and toasty with hot chocolate and a fire. So join us and explore instructional strategies that build on student interest and experience through place-based learning you can apply on your school campus during any season.
• Explore the FieldSTEM Model with engaging, place-based and environmentally relevant instructional strategies
• Participate in snowy outdoor Field Investigations using NGSS 3-Dimensional instruction
• Receive Field Investigations resources and access to the PEI Performance Task Library
• Plan Field Investigations to conduct with students
• Receive 6 WA State Approved STEM Clock Hours—at no cost
• Enjoy hot chocolate and network with colleagues around a blazing fire
Formal K-12 Educators will have the opportunity to earn a $100 Participation Stipend and a $100 Implementation Stipend. (Details provided at workshop).