- This event has passed.
February 22 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for Grades K-3
Interested? Register here!
Join PEI for a six-hour introduction to FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for K-3 educators. FieldSTEM is an integrated framework that facilitates career-connected, locally-relevant, field-based learning. In this primer, participants will learn how simple field investigations can be incorporated into current science units to provide students with contextually-relevant science skills and practices.
• Experience a field investigation that utilizes NGSS
• Learn about the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice
• Receive mentored time to work on field investigation development and planning time with already created schoolyard investigations
Participants will receive:
• Access to schoolyard field investigations for their grade level
• PEI’s “Field Investigations: Using Outdoor Environments to Foster Student Learning of Scientific Practices” guide
• 6 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
• An opportunity to earn $150 implementation stipend (details provided at workshop)
#FieldSTEM #stemeducation #outdoorlearning