- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: East Sound: Teaching Science Content with ELA Performance Tasks
February 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Workshop Update: Washington will see another round of snowfall this weekend – Pacific Education Institute has decided to reschedule the Teaching Science Content with ELA Performance Tasks workshop.
Our FieldSTEM – Teaching Science Content with ELA Performance Tasks is designed for K-12, please join PEI Faculty, Nancy Skerritt, to learn how to use ELA performance tasks that incorporate science as the content.
- Explore the integration of writing, research, and science topics through the vehicle of a performance task
- Analyze the components of a task including ELA skills being measured
- Experience a performance task first-hand
- Explore a library of tasks that focus on FieldSTEM topics like clean water and healthy forests
- Be provided a “tool kit” for creating their performance tasks using science content
Each participant will receive:
- A link to workshop materials, planning tools, and PEI’s library of performance tasks
- Support for implementing performance tasks in the classroom from PEI FieldSTEM Coordinators
Lunch on your own.
Interested? Register here.
Questions? Concerns? Contact Program Coordinator Nicole George at [email protected]