- This event has passed.
Lower Columbia: FieldSTEM – Teaching Science Content with ELA Performance Tasks
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The FieldSTEM – Teaching Science Content with ELA Performance Tasks workshop is designed for K-12 formal educators. We encourage you to join PEI Faculty, Nancy Skerritt, to learn how to use ELA performance tasks that incorporate science as content.
- Explore the integration of writing, research, and science topics through the vehicle of a performance task
- Analyze the components of a task including the ELA skills being measured
- Experience a performance task first-hand
- Explore a library of tasks that focus on FieldSTEM topics like clean water, healthy forests, and renewable energy
- Be provided a “tool kit” for creating their performance tasks using science content
Each participant will receive:
- A link to workshop materials, planning tools, and PEI’s library of performance tasks
- Support for implementing performance tasks in the classroom from PEI FieldSTEM Coordinators
Interested? Register here.