FieldSTEM + PLT
March 3 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 4:00 pm, repeating until March 4, 2021
Making Forest Connections for Grades K-8
Attention all Washington State K-8 Educators!
Join Pacific Education Institute FieldSTEM Coordinators Karen Lippy and Molly Griffiths in an online workshop designed to help K-8 educators increase their knowledge, skills and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities for students in their schoolyard or at home using the Washington Forest Education K-12 Learning Framework and PEI’s Making Forestry Connections online guides. Participants will also receive a physical copy of Project Learning Tree: PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide.*
The workshop will be a blended experience including an online Zoom element and self-paced learning:
- Synchronous: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 4 PM to 6:30 PM (2.5 hours)
- Synchronous: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 4 PM to 6:30 PM (2.5 hours)
- Asynchronous: Create your own Forest Connections implementation plan by March 12 (approx. 1 hour)
Participants who complete all asynchronous work and participate in both synchronous sessions will receive:
- 6 Washington State Approved STEM clock hours
- $75 participation stipend
- Receive hands-on experience with PLT activities and various Pacific Education Institute resources
- Identify activities that align with their K-8 grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces at school or at home for locally-relevant learning
Note: This workshop is open to K-8 Washington State educators.
*The Project Learning Tree: PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide is provided and will be mailed to you prior to the workshop. Registration will close on February 22, so guides can be mailed out in time.