- This event has passed.
Growing Up WILD
June 1, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 15, 2021
One event on June 26, 2021 at 9:00 am
Barnacles and Bees Growing Up Wild
(for Barnacles and Bees staff only)
Professional Learning Opportunity for Barnacles and Bees Outdoor Schools Staff
Join Karen Lippy, Pacific Education Institute’s West Sound FieldSTEM Coordinator, for this hybrid workshop blending our FieldSTEM model with the Growing Up WILD curriculum while engaging participants in equitable, locally-relevant and place-based learning.
- Participants will understand place-based learning connections to Indigenous people of the land and waters, and the availability of Since Time Immemorial Early Learning Curriculum.
- Participants will understand benefits of notebooking and integrating learning targets while teaching outdoors.
- Participants will experience and be prepared to implement activities from the Growing Up Wild Guide.*
- Participants will explore and be able to utilize the assets of the Theler Wetlands and Salmon Center.
- Tuesdays, June 1 and 15, 2021 from 3 PM to 4 PM each day – online via Zoom
- Saturday, June 26, 2021 from 9 AM to 12 PM – in person at the Salmon Center