- This event has passed.
April 7 @ 2:00 pm - April 9 @ 4:00 pmFree
FieldSTEM: FieldDesign for Grades 6-12
Are you interested in learning about a framework that develops your students ability to think critically and problem-solve through hands-on locally relevant activities?
Join Pacific Education Institute in this online workshop designed for 6-12 educators using FieldDesign: Engineering Design for Field-Based Applications. FieldDesign is a framework to engage students in engineering practices around real-world problems. Students research and analyze situations on the schoolgrounds or in their communities to give engineering design a more meaningful context. In this online workshop, educators dive in to the FieldDesign framework and, with support, plan for implementation in their own classrooms.
Dates, times and specifics of the online workshop:
- Online workshop: Tuesday April 7, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Offline Assignments: between the online workshops you will be expected to complete assigned tasks on your own
- Online workshop: Thursday April 9, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
6 STEM clock hours and a $150 implementation stipend is available for those who:
- attend both online workshop sessions
- complete all offline assigned tasks
- create an implementation plan
Our online workshops fill up fast! If prompted, please add your name to the waitlist and we will make tickets available as we can.
Please note: this webinar is designed for educators working with grades 6-12. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list so you can be notified when new online workshops become available.