- This event has passed.
FieldSTEM: Schoolyard Investigations
March 30, 2020 @ 9:00 am - April 1, 2020 @ 11:00 amFree
FieldSTEM: K-3 Schoolyard Investigations
Join PEI for this six-hour Zoom webinar series introducing FieldSTEM and Schoolyard Field Investigations for K-3 educators. FieldSTEM is an integrated framework that facilitates career-connected, locally-relevant, field-based learning. In this primer, participants will learn how simple field investigations can be incorporated into current science units to provide students with contextually—relevant science skills and practices.
Dates and times of Zoom Webinars (if the dates below don’t work for you, see our FieldSTEM: Schoolyard Investigations Webinar Series 1 – 4/13-4/15):
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Experience a field investigation that utilizes NGSS
- Learn about the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and what they look like in practice
- Receive mentored time to work on field investigation development and planning time with already created schoolyard investigations
Participants who attend ALL 3 webinars will receive:
- Access to schoolyard field investigations for their grade level
- Online access to PEI’s “Field Investigations: Using Outdoor Environments to Foster Student Learning of Scientific Practices” guide (participants may request a physical copy after attending all three sessions)
- 6 Washington State approved STEM clock hours (must attend all three Webinars)
- An opportunity to earn a $150 implementation stipend (details provided on Webinar)
Complete this online registration form to register for the Zoom Webinar series. You will then receive an email with further details and a link to the Zoom Webinar series. You must be able to attend all three Webinar events.