Project Learning Tree: Connecting Elementary Science to Urban Ecosystems
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$50.00
Join Pacific Education Institute FieldSTEM Coordinator, Jessica Lawrence and Botanical Gardens Education Program Manager, Kate Sorenson, Saturday, February 23, 2019, at the stunning Bellevue Botanical Gardens!
The Project Learning Tree: Connecting Elementary Science to Urban Ecosystems workshop is designed to help formal and non-formal educators engage elementary students in real-world science, technology, engineering, and math by utilizing activities in the Project Learning Tree’s PreK-8 Activity Guide. If you’re looking for ways to develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills this workshop will meet your needs.
- Learn how to utilize outdoor spaces in urban and suburban environments
- Participate in hands-on Project Learning Tree activities in the Bellevue Botanical Gardens
- Have an opportunity to connect with Bellevue Botanical Gardens staff
Educators will receive:
- Lesson plans that can be easily incorporated into existing curriculum or non-formal education programs
- Project Learning Tree’s PreK-8 Environmental Activity Guide
- 6 Washington State approved STEM Clock Hours
Interested? Register here.