- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree
August 25, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
An event every 2 days that begins at 3:30 pm, repeating until August 27, 2020
Project Learning Tree for Grades K – 5
Cost: $40 (includes PLT Guide and both workshop days, August 25 and 27)
Join Central Washington FieldSTEM Coordinator Megan Rivard from Pacific Education Institute in an online workshop designed to help K-5 educators increase their knowledge, skills and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities for students in their schoolyard or at home using the Project Learning Tree: PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide. The workshop will be a blended experience including an online Zoom element and self-paced learning. In order to receive the 5 STEM clock hours, you will need to participate in two, 2-hour Zoom sessions and complete the pre-workshop guide overview activity (est. time: 1 hour).
- Receive hands-on experience with Project Learning Trees activities and lessons
- Identify activities that align with their grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces on the schoolyard or at home for locally-relevant learning
Participants will receive:
- Project Learning Tree: Pre K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide (will arrive before the workshop)
- 5 Washington State approved STEM clock hours