- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree (PLT): Forests and Climate Change
June 27 @ 9:00 am - June 28 @ 4:00 pmFree
Are you a middle school or high school educator interested in learning about the role forests play in climate change?
Do you want to know how hands-on learning can increase student success and engagement across content areas?
Join PEI Facilitator, Michelle Townshend, to learn skills and activities on the topic of Forests and Climate Change. The “Teaching with i-Tree” Unit from Project Learning Tree (PLT) will be used to provide participants with hands-on activities that help middle and high school students discover and analyze the many ecosystem services trees provide. The “Southeastern Forests and Climate Change” guide will be used to build on concepts about climate, the forest carbon cycle, carbon sequestration, and forest ecosystems.
Educators will receive:
- Lessons that can be incorporated into existing curriculum or non-formal education programs
- Access to PLT’s Teaching with i-Tree (Created by the US Forest Service)
- Access to PLT’s Southeastern Forests and Climate Change guide
- 9 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
- $150 participation stipend
Interested? Register here.